Welcome to the inaugural post for Marshall's sister, Chloe Jane Loomis. Chris has his mind made up, which is very unlike him because normally he asks me 5 million times "are you sure about this?" And unlike me, who usually makes a decision within a few minutes and sticks with it, was indecisive on the name. But this time Chris' mind was very much made up and and he thinks her name should be Chloe. Lucky for him I concur. Chloe has a sort of spunkyness about it that I think this baby has. From the first sonogram where she just barely had an arm, seemed to be waving at us saying, like it or not folks, here I come.
We had our gender sonogram yesterday and it's official - it's a girl! The first image on the scree was her little legs spread apart. Unlike Mr. Marshall, who kept crossing his legs and we had to go to the sonogramist a few times before we found out his gender, our baby girl was so good and wanted to make sure that there wasn't a question in our minds that her room should be painted pink instead of blue. She is still very skinny since she is still so young, but she should start "porking" up soon - I definitely am!!
The books say she is supposed to be 4 1/2 inches long at this age but she was measuring at about 5 1/2 -6 inches yesterday! Another tall baby? Who knew that two short people = tall genes!
I'm also starting to feel the first flutterings of her moving around. Chris and I are both so amazed at how quickly this pregnancy is going, but Marshall's just seemed to drag on forever. Maybe we were just so excited about the transition we would be making in our lives from DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) to a Family! I think it was the best decision of our lives. We are equally excited about our spunky girl's arrival in September.
We had our gender sonogram yesterday and it's official - it's a girl! The first image on the scree was her little legs spread apart. Unlike Mr. Marshall, who kept crossing his legs and we had to go to the sonogramist a few times before we found out his gender, our baby girl was so good and wanted to make sure that there wasn't a question in our minds that her room should be painted pink instead of blue. She is still very skinny since she is still so young, but she should start "porking" up soon - I definitely am!!

The books say she is supposed to be 4 1/2 inches long at this age but she was measuring at about 5 1/2 -6 inches yesterday! Another tall baby? Who knew that two short people = tall genes!I'm also starting to feel the first flutterings of her moving around. Chris and I are both so amazed at how quickly this pregnancy is going, but Marshall's just seemed to drag on forever. Maybe we were just so excited about the transition we would be making in our lives from DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) to a Family! I think it was the best decision of our lives. We are equally excited about our spunky girl's arrival in September.
Video:


6 comments:
A girly playmate for Camden and Grayden! We so have to get you guys to move closer to civilization so we can monopolize your time with playdates...
I'm partial to Chloe myself since that's my niece's name. :o) Congrats...I will come up to visit so I can see her big brother!
Love the blog for her, and so happy you now will have one of each gender.
Thanks so much for all the info....I am saving it all and really enjoy the progress reports!!!
Love to you 4!!!!!
Aunt Betsey
Congratulations! I am so excited for your family!
So exciting!!! One of my 7th grade tennis girls is Chloe, I adore her! She is also very spunky!
Congratulations Jane! How exciting for you, Chris and Marshall - and a perfect sister for Marshall. Take Care and keep us posted!
Post a Comment