Well Chris, Marshall and I have just been so busy these past few weeks trying to tie up all of the little details in preparing for another new baby.
We have made our little trips to the stores/and visitng websites to pick out the rest of the little things we will need for our new sweet baby. After many trips to the Craft store to try to figure out what to put over her crib, I ended up returning everything and settling on some carved wall letters that I can hang over her crib. I also found a rug and a chair to go with some of the artwork that I had custom made for her. Chris was especially excited that he got to "build" his baby girl her first dollhouse (bookcase).
Hopefully everything ordered on the internet will be coming in the mail over the next week or so and I can add some pictures of the finished nursery to the blog later.
Anyone who reads this should also share a moment of silence in memory of our beloved Jeep (and our YOUTH! - considering this time last year we had no kids and will soon have two!) which we had to trade in for a more family friendly "Mommy-Wagon." That car was always the dream car of Chris and I as we were growing up, but we really needed a vehicle with more passenger/cargo space (not to mention A/C in the back). We are very happy with our purchase though. No matter how much we tried to talk ourselves into it, we just could not take the plunge and get a mini-van, despite how functional we hear they are.
One of Chris' friends and former co-workers at GMAC/Homecomings told us of their recent purchase and despite being the type to "copy" other people, Chris and I had to agree that they made a very smart/awesome purchase and we jumped onto their bandwagon. We found a 2005 Cadillac SRX for a really great deal and very low miles (our Jeep was purchased in the same month as the SRX's previous owner and Chris and I had put four times the amount of miles on the Jeep in the same time period). The Cadillac is red and is just so awesome and comfortable. We just love how it will accommodate our new family.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Week 33 (in Utero): Finishing touches
Posted by Jane Loomis at 7:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment