Birthday Countdown

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week 25 (In Utero): Getting Busy in the Baby Room

Well, like with Marshall, Chris and I are starting to feel the pressure in getting the baby's room ready, and felt this surge to get busy and make that room ready! Especially now that we have the crib and upper part of the book case camped out in our dining room in boxes. The dresser and lower part of the book case is supposed to be arriving around June 20th.
Well we finally came to a decision not to do the wainscoting . I thought that even though it looks sharp as a contrast against the paint, it would feel too black-and-white in the room against the dark furniture. Chris and I think that for some reason Marshall's room was so much easier to figure out how to decorate - there are just so many options for little girls for room deco.

Chris and I came to a middle ground on the paint color (He liked a little darker shade and I like a little lighter shade of pink). It came out looking like a bubble gum sort of color. Emily, Chris and I work well into the wee hours of Sunday Morning having a painting party. We had a lot of fun chit-chatting and joking around. I think for a pink room, it came out pretty well.
I would really like to do some wall art that I paint free hand. I'm leaning toward something on canvas rather than a mural. So we'll see what Marshall lets me work on in the coming weeks. I can't wait to see it all come together.
Oh, Marshall helped a bit too!



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great! I love the color! Marshall is adorable opening the paint, he will be such a good big brother!

 
design by suckmylolly.com