Little babies are just such a joy to play with. How lucky are we to have two of them?
Chloe, Marshall (,Chris) and I get a lot of head stares, pointed fingers, and of course I cannot go anywhere without people asking how far apart they are. I love how people say they "know somebody" - some friend of a friend or relative - who had their children less than a year apart. It is funny to be that person, but I would not trade our "Irish Twins" for anything.
They are both so special and amazing together. Marshall was always a very social baby and I always felt he needed a sibling close in age. And Chloe, in the womb, always would give a special kick when she would hear Marshall . They go together like a song and a dance.
This week Chloe would sneeze or make a coo and no matter what, Marshall would stop what he was doing, get this HUGE grin on his face, crawl over to her, say "Aaaawwww" and grab her hand. And Chloe, seeing her big Brother, would also get a huge Grin on her face and just stare adoringly at Marshall. Oh it is just so priceless and adorable! I love being their Mommy! It is amazing to me how fast they grow up and all of the little abilities that they begin to have. Just 8 weeks ago she was so helpless and curled up into a little ball. Now her legs are always kicking out as if she can't wait to be a part of the excitement. 
She is so quick to become amused. Her vocabulary has since moved in one week from Hi and Agoo to all sorts of cute coos and noises of glee. She just loves to be talked to and loves to smile and coo at whomever she is in front of. She also likes toys. I was so surprised at how coordinated she has become. She will talk to the frog and princess on her Mobile or a stuffed animal that is laying near her. I put one of Marshall's toys in front of her that lights up if you spin the wheel. My brilliant little girl has already figured out how to make it light up and play music!
Baby Girl is really Porking-Up nicely. She is a very good feeder. She is also a good sleeper and sleeps through Marshall talking loudly or crying. She has a pretty good routine so far too. She eats every 3-4 hours and for the middle-of-the-night feeding she promptly goes back to sleep after her meal.
Putting her to bed sometimes is another story. It seemed like last week and early this week she would wake up not long after Marshall went to sleep (10:30/11:00 pm) and would have a difficult time putting herself to sleep. Needless to say, there was a lot of bouncing (she likes to fall asleep in an upright position - simulating the Bjorn that I keep her in when I do chores or run errands) involved and I generally could get to sleep until 1 am. Do they have to grow up so fast?! I swear that I put her to bed and she grows inches overnight.
Chloe, Marshall (,Chris) and I get a lot of head stares, pointed fingers, and of course I cannot go anywhere without people asking how far apart they are. I love how people say they "know somebody" - some friend of a friend or relative - who had their children less than a year apart. It is funny to be that person, but I would not trade our "Irish Twins" for anything.
They are both so special and amazing together. Marshall was always a very social baby and I always felt he needed a sibling close in age. And Chloe, in the womb, always would give a special kick when she would hear Marshall . They go together like a song and a dance.
This week Chloe would sneeze or make a coo and no matter what, Marshall would stop what he was doing, get this HUGE grin on his face, crawl over to her, say "Aaaawwww" and grab her hand. And Chloe, seeing her big Brother, would also get a huge Grin on her face and just stare adoringly at Marshall. Oh it is just so priceless and adorable! I love being their Mommy! It is amazing to me how fast they grow up and all of the little abilities that they begin to have. Just 8 weeks ago she was so helpless and curled up into a little ball. Now her legs are always kicking out as if she can't wait to be a part of the excitement. 
She is so quick to become amused. Her vocabulary has since moved in one week from Hi and Agoo to all sorts of cute coos and noises of glee. She just loves to be talked to and loves to smile and coo at whomever she is in front of. She also likes toys. I was so surprised at how coordinated she has become. She will talk to the frog and princess on her Mobile or a stuffed animal that is laying near her. I put one of Marshall's toys in front of her that lights up if you spin the wheel. My brilliant little girl has already figured out how to make it light up and play music!
Baby Girl is really Porking-Up nicely. She is a very good feeder. She is also a good sleeper and sleeps through Marshall talking loudly or crying. She has a pretty good routine so far too. She eats every 3-4 hours and for the middle-of-the-night feeding she promptly goes back to sleep after her meal.
Putting her to bed sometimes is another story. It seemed like last week and early this week she would wake up not long after Marshall went to sleep (10:30/11:00 pm) and would have a difficult time putting herself to sleep. Needless to say, there was a lot of bouncing (she likes to fall asleep in an upright position - simulating the Bjorn that I keep her in when I do chores or run errands) involved and I generally could get to sleep until 1 am. Do they have to grow up so fast?! I swear that I put her to bed and she grows inches overnight.
0 comments:
Post a Comment