Birthday Countdown

Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 18: Our Little Lamb is Growing so fast.


Our Little Lamb is growing so fast - she is constantly soaking in everything that everybody in her surroundings is doing. Her little eyes soak up every detail and she just doesn't skip a beat. Here she is talking to her mobile. I love when babies start to become engaged with their environment. She seems eager to please and win over everybody including Marshall and her new teachers. It's probably pretty redundant to say this every week, but Marshall is the one person who she enjoys watching the most. He isn't jealous of her and loves to come up to her and say "Glowie," which just makes her day, then he runs of and plays, mostly impervious to her attempts to engage him. But when he does decide to participate, she is elated.

She seems to be trying to imitate some of the noises we make at her. She has been pulling and reaching for toys for some time now. But what she really loves is the Hug-Elmo MeMe and Grandpa bought for Marshall. She just gets so worked up about this toy to the point of exhaustion...
Chloe is such a cuddle-bunny. She's really starting to open up to snuggling with Daddy more (I've kind've hogged her more since she's b-fed, so Daddy is excited that she is starting to take more of an interest in him). She is doing really great this week at school she is starting to get used to her surroundings at school and is developing her little routine. Although I think she is still trying to get used to napping at school so she doesn't get very long naps. She prefers to fall asleep in her bouncy chair but when the teachers move her to the crib she wakes up. My bad...that would be my fault since I let her nap in bouncy chair when I was on Maternity Leave.

Pumping at work is still a stressful thing for me and if it doesn't increase soon I may start to supplement with formula but I really don't want to do that. I am having to take 4-5 breaks a day at work just to try to get the supply up, then feed her when I get home twice, put the baby down around 8:30 then pump at 9:30, feed the baby at 11. It is so exhausting. I am also trying to take this herbal supplement Fenugreek, which is supposed to help naturally increase milk supply, then drink 10 huge glasses of water a day.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com