Since about Halloween, we have spent much of our time out and about. Chloe loves looking at the big kids during Playgroup and Library time. She is starting to not want to be confined to the Snuggli and is starting to be awake during much of these activities, so with Marshall generally running from Point A to B and not wanting to be confined; it has become a challenge keeping two babies happy.
Greater challenge still is that she has decided that Binkies make her very very angry and that she prefers her fist to all other things besides nursing. Each time I go out I wonder which of the two will have a melt-down at the same time, but for the most part it is fairly easy taking the two of them out in public. Especially since Baby Girl is so efficient at nursing. I am out and about and she becomes hungry – I just need 10-15 minutes to nurse and she is done. Easy as Pie…
Although every time I went out Christmas shopping, I seem to attract opinions and questions from random strangers. It is pretty vexing to have random people walk up to your face and say – you must have your hands full! Not really, until they get in the kids faces and freak them out. It is also tiring hearing the old “So did you take Biology Class in School” phrase. Chris and I are pretty lucky to have kids at all. So it is a miracle to have two kids so close in age – if it was possible we wanted two kids within two years of each other. Also, it is actually far less work managing two than you think. Plus our little family is complete for now. And we won’t have to wonder what it will be like introducing a sibling to our only child during those toddler years.
This week we took Marshall and Chloe to the Frisco Festival of Lights and the Fire Safety Town. It was nice to meet up with our playdate friends, but the Halloween event at the Fire Safety Town is much better than the event for Christmas.
Although every time I went out Christmas shopping, I seem to attract opinions and questions from random strangers. It is pretty vexing to have random people walk up to your face and say – you must have your hands full! Not really, until they get in the kids faces and freak them out. It is also tiring hearing the old “So did you take Biology Class in School” phrase. Chris and I are pretty lucky to have kids at all. So it is a miracle to have two kids so close in age – if it was possible we wanted two kids within two years of each other. Also, it is actually far less work managing two than you think. Plus our little family is complete for now. And we won’t have to wonder what it will be like introducing a sibling to our only child during those toddler years.
This week we took Marshall and Chloe to the Frisco Festival of Lights and the Fire Safety Town. It was nice to meet up with our playdate friends, but the Halloween event at the Fire Safety Town is much better than the event for Christmas.
Chloe loves hanging out with Marshall. She enjoys cooing him (and her Dollies). She really looks up to him and enjoys his affection (he is so sweet to her! I love how he will stop what he is doing and run over to see her. She doesn’t mind when he is loud or rough. She has him on a pretty high pedestal – I don’t think big brother can do any wrong in her eyes. I think he enjoys her company too. He sometimes calls her “sissi.” 

Chloe was on a growth spurt and became a little fussy in the evenings this week, so I pulled out the Swaddling blankets and it has become easier again putting her to bed. She sleeps most of the night and wakes up around 3 and 6 for nursing. But the two of us are so used to this routine that there is little effort at having her latch on. 
Talking to her Dolly...

Some other fun photos of Baby Girl!



0 comments:
Post a Comment