Birthday Countdown

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 20: Chronicle of a Working Mom

The stress of a working mom is the daily struggle to juggle multiple priorities on a tight schedule. No moment of the day is left unaccounted for and I find myself wishing for more than 24 hours a day and the ability to function on little or no sleep. What does the daily juggle consist of? Success in career, commuting 80 miles a day, pumping and freezing milk, blogging, housework, married life, social life, getting kids dropped off and picked off at the right time and parenting two children under the age of two.

Even the amount of time spent commuting is time that is spent also pumping, thanks to commuting with Chris and a car adapter for my car. But Pumping is worth the sacrifice for the health of my baby and for those fleeting moments together in the evenings and weekends when we nurse together. I hope that she will know one day how special that time we spent together are and how much they mean to me. But pumping is not the same as nursing and it is a constant stressful battle to keep the milk supply up. It doesn't help having one of her teachers always pointing out how much less she is eating compared to the other 2 little girls born the same week as Chloe.

Any one of these issues has the potential to become a situation which throws off the balance as a whole. I find myself being a frazzled and nervous person now, but the only place I feel truly happy is when I am with my husband and kids. I am very thankful though for the love and support of my husband during this difficult time. So cuddos to the greatest man ever put on this earth. :-)

So what has Miss Chloe been up to this week? Oh this child has been such a joy and blessing to our life. Every week it is more of the same but every week brings more smiles and coos and sweet little gurgling sounds of joy. What's not to love about her? Even Marshall is not immune to her charm. He just loves his sister and he is never jealous of her. But I digress, she has a very predictable routine and a sweet temperament (shocker there I know!). She has a long attention span and sometimes will watch some of Marshall's Yo Gabba Gabba on the TV. In the evenings when we give her a bath with Marshall, we have started to use the Bumbo for her to sit up and play with the toys.

Speaking of toys! Chloe just loves Elmo!! When she plays with her other toys she is very coordinated and easily moves objects from hand to hand.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com