Happy first St. Patricks Day Sweetheart. I made an incredible effort to get the kids out the door for school in all green but didn't make the same effort on myself. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? It's all about the kids!
I remember being so stressed when I was pregnant and trying to get my infant ready for daycare and thinking when Chloe is born, how in the world am I going to get out of the door on time with 2 kids and still make it to work in Downtown Dallas by 8am? But in the end you learn to cut corners (my appearance) and you dress the kids and get bottles and diapers and other random baby essentials and you high tail it out the door.
I think the saddest part of my day isn't drop off. It's pick-up. Because even though I get into work 30-45 min early so I can leave 30-45 minutes early to miss major traffic. I am still one of the last parents to pick my kids up since it takes over an hour to get to their school. My whole day feels like a huge rush to meet deadlines. By the time kids go down, I don't even have the energy to do chores, so the 'To Do List' piles up. I am also still pumping on top of all of this and I have to cope with all of these hormones. So stress and emotional levels are at an all time high for me, but I am trying to cope the best I can and try to keep pushing ahead knowing things will eventually get better.



0 comments:
Post a Comment